Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Space

After a long week of going back and forth to Philadelphia, I'm back home.  The short update is that I've decided to take Dr. C's advice and take a very aggressive chemo cocktail to get the cancer under control.  I start on Thursday.  My birthday party is on Saturday and my actual b-day is next Monday.  So I should have a head of hair through then.  After that, it's the GI Jane look again.  I'll be on Zeloda-- an oral chemo and Xempra an IV drug.  It will be intense, but Dr. C didn't recommend the less harsh options.  I'm scared, but I have a few days to "nut up" and get ready for it.  I'm glad to be spending Saturday with some very good friends.  Here's another collage I've done recently about the space between people.
More soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It does sound scary. Not that scary is anything new to you. Thank you so much for keeping us informed. Now I'm going to try to find out what "nut up" means. That sounds like something I should maybe be doing. It could be my new slogan as I get out of bed each day. Maybe yell "Nut me up!" with my fist punching the air and doing a half twirl. Keep those suggestions coming......I'll be waiting and thinking of you.