Sunday, May 16, 2010

Birthday week

It's been a very intense week and I've been exhausted.   A fantastic birthday party and then the start of chemotherapy.  Good friends came to SF to hang out.  My friend Yoon from NY, Sabrina and Megan and Chris from LA--- thanks for making the trip.  We had an extended cocktail party at the apartment and then went to Aziza a moroccan restaurant.  My mom was  the hostess of the dinner.  Thanks mom for the party.
Some friends have faded away since I got sick, while others have become bright stars in my sky.  Ned really worked hard for my birthday to be special and I love him more than ever for it.  Thanks guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I'm so happy that you enjoyed your birthday dinner with close friends and family. Good for you for putting off chemo so that you could thoroughly celebrate!

Anonymous said...

How nice to hear a bit about your party and your good friends and your very good husband and your very good mom. Thanks. The details are welcome and will keep me hoping for the best (easy for me to say).