Friday, June 4, 2010

Round 2 of Chemo

After a bit of a debate, I just got round two of my Ixempra IV chemotherapy yesterday.  My local oncologist recommended putting it off until after my trip to Europe next week.  It was tempting.  My consulting Onc. in Philadelphia, Dr. C advised against putting it off.  It was an impossible decision.  Since there's no cure, how do you decide?  After much stress, I decided I committed to follow Dr. C for now, and took a slightly reduced dose of Ixempra.
Like clockwork, my hair fell out almost 3 weeks to the day of my first infusion.  I have a few tiny tufts and some fringe of bangs.  But not for long.  I made the decision to go to a fancy custom wig maker today, to see what he can do for me.  Stay tuned.
This is one of my new collage pieces.  I made this one shortly after my liver biopsy, but I think is generally a reflection of my treatment.  She is from a turn 1909 Ladies Home Journal -- an Ad for her extremely uncomfortable girdle.  She looks so sad in it!  It sure doesn't make me want to order a Warner's Rust-Proof Corset.

No comments: