Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Zigzags of Treachery

I made it to my first personal training session -- I found this fantastic person -- Jane Clark, who has been helping people with cancer get some strength back.  We're working on core strength, and moving slowly, so I don't hurt myself and wind up back on the sofa.  I feel like an old lady, so week and puffy.  But I'm proud of myself for getting out there.
I've been working hard on my writing,  I'll share a chapter soon, I'd love some input, it's a mystery novel, and my hero is living with cancer.  I've been obsessively reading Dashiell Hammett.  Wow his detective fiction is the cat's pajamas!

Things are OK here in san francisco, the sun is out, and I'm trying to stay positive.
My emotions zigzag every day.
One minute you feel like a normal, average person and the next, someone at your HMO talks to you as if you're dead man walking.  A punch in the gut from a suit, as Hammett might put it.
This is a close up of one of my Egyptian collages, all those sexy hieroglyphic gals are Barbie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can we read the chapter you're working on? If that's possible.
So glad about Jane....am I ever proud of you for planning that and getting on with the strength training. You are trying so much harder than I could. I crumble even knowing an appointment is coming up -- thinking nothing I say will mean a thing, but I will remember you walking into the rooms also (it being necessary and has to be done).
Any Barbies must feel pretty darn good about being in your collage.
Thanks so much for the update.

Anonymous said...

Melissa--just to let you know that I am always thinking about you and saying prayers that all this cancer will be defeated and you will be healthy once again. Love, Laurie