Monday, November 15, 2010

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad

My support group is organizing a fun event next in December.  After all the heart break of losing members this year and stress we go through, we need to let off steam.

We are organizing a group trip to the  famous (maybe just in San Francisco) Sound of Music Sing-along on December 5th.  I'm working on costumes.
What should I go as a Von Trapp child, a nun or a lonely goatherd?

Got my tumor markers, and they continue to decrease a little, which is a relief- although they'll never be at zero.  I've been on chemotherapy now for 8 rounds, over 6 months.   Frankly, I'm sick of it.  Next wednesday is my third round of Doxil.  I have a PET CT scheduled for December 15th and then I will talk to Dr. C about whether we can take a vacation from chemo.

Starting a writing class tonight, I'll post the first few pages of my story later in the week.

Auf wiedersehen


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa-
I've been away for a while, but am back and can continue reading your blog, fortunately.
How was the sing-along? Once when a family member was hospitalized, a patient sat down and played Oklahoma! at the piano and sang. It was so rousing and emotional, that I burst out crying. I hope your sing-along was satisfying in that way.
I'm thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I wish you'd write again, Melissa. Not that you need to, of course......I just look forward to hearing from you and always wonder how you are. I hope you had a good Christmas.