Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spooky Halloween Chemotherapy

Spooky.   It's Halloween every month for me.  This is actually a picture of the chemotherapy Doxil that I just got my second dose of yesterday. The color is exactly like joke blood, or Kool-Aid.

I'm feeling it today.  I'm ringy, I can't sleep, even after ingesting ambien and lorazapans.  It's how I imagine a crystal meth tweaker goes through her day.
 I'm very flushed, my whole body looks like I spent 5 hours in a steam room, I'm orange, maybe from this spooky chemo?

The good news -- my hair is creeping back on my head, with an  almost covered scalp.  Still about two months away from revealing it as my new gamine hairdo.  my neuro-apathy has subsided a little (pain and numbness in my feet and hands).

Also, the last week or so I've been feeling so much less tired.  My bone marrow must be returning to normal.  So I signed up with a personal trainer who works putting cancer survivors back together, -- I rightly feel like a hot mess.  I start on Monday.  Wish me luck.  I'll write about it after.

I'm waiting on my tumor marker tests, the CEA, CA-15, and Circulating Tumor Cells blood.  I've talked about them before, we do them every month as a loose, untrustworthy guide to what's going on in my body.

I've started writing (fiction!), so the blog's been neglected a bit, I kinda thought nobody was reading it.  But there are a few of you hearty souls out there --that really pleases me!

Have a spooky and sweet Halloween!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm reading all right! Feel better, hope Halloween Day is less spooky.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Melissa. I was gone for a while, but now check every day (MORE than every day, but I don't want to sound too needy). I love hearing how you're doing. I want to know. Now I will reread your latest. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I am reading! I am glad you are feeling somewhat better. I hope to see you at the MITC gala event next week.

Best,


Jill

Anonymous said...

love you Melissa


mom

Anonymous said...

I love you too Melissa, cousin John