Sunday, July 4, 2010

Back from Paris


We had quite a wonderful trip, despite some nasty side effects from the Zeloda.  I soldiered through.
We went to england first, visited my hubby's parents.  Then on to the beautiful apartment of Colette and JP in the  St. Germain neighborhood.  MERCI Colette and JP!  We went to churches, flea markets, a visit to the city hospital, Hotel Dieu, a dog bite (two different incidents!) AMENDMENT -- one dog bite and one hospital visit only, sorry!)
rode the metro and the bus, had a cooking class in the Marais, a canal cruise and enjoyed the delights of the marches.  The Zeloda side effects hit me as soon as we got there.  Hand and Foot Syndrome it's called.  Developed an infection and had to see a doc, so we picked the hospital in the city center, thought they would speak the most English.  They did and were very kind and efficient.  My entire visit and treatment cost me 68 Euro - with no health insurance!
Paris is really a delightful city, I think better suited for adults.  When I went as a jeune fille, I was more intimidated than charmed and was dragged through all the long lines for the big sights.  We found lovely small, unique museums to visit.  It's a grand, glorious city, steeped in vintage charm, which of course LOVE.  I missed the vintage paper market because of my illness, so it's top of my list when I make it back there.

  I've had my third dose of Ixempra since we got back, and am getting my first PET/CT scan on friday to see how the chemo is working.  Then I fly to the east coast to see Dr. C.  the last thing I feel like doing.
This is us on the Canal St. Martin boat tour, a great step into the rest of Paris.  I am now, unfortunately for everyone around me, peppering my sentences with french phases, and looking forward to going back
A bientot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a great trip. Good luck with your scans!

Best,

Jill Neiman

Anonymous said...

Now I can stop wondering if the same dog bit you at two different times or if two separate dogs bit you at different times. It sounds bad enough with the one incident.
I'm hoping you get good news today.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for you to get home, then you may give an update. I can be patient, but I keep checking back........in the middle of the night often. I'm hoping for the best.