Monday, February 1, 2010

Everyone's reading Deep Exhale

After a painful and tiring week, I am feeling better. My skin has moved into a new phase I call "the Great Peel" which is an icky wet peel of the skin. It's itchy, but not keyed up nerve endings pulling at my pain receptors. I haven't hit the balance in the last few days. There's a fine line with fatigue when you're ill. Sometimes exercise is the best counter -- a good walk in the Pacifica Forest with Vanessa it leaves you feeling refreshed, or, it leaves you dog tired and puffy eyed. I often feel bone tired. But it's been a sweet relief not to go to the hospital for a few days. I have some crappy tests I need to take-- a CT Scan and a Bone Scan. I have to take them every 3 months. But I just cant face them this week. I'm too worn out for 2 injection scans. And more importantly I just don't have it together mentally if there are results I have to deal with and strategize. I need to drink at least 3 tall glasses of water before I get into bed tonight. Thanks to my kiki for warming up the keyboard for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be so slow on the uptake, but what do you tell yourself when you feel bad, yet keep trying? Any mental slogans or physical motions that help? They don't need to be catchy. I'm trying the bourbon now, though I substituted rum and juice. Don't let me give you another assignment, but I am very interested. Thanks.

Melissa & Ned said...

I also listen to some positive affirmations and guided imagery. They help a little, i think. Oh and I obsessively collage. I find it better than meditating. I am trying this weird thing called Feldenkrais movement.

Anonymous said...

Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm) may be another solution to itchy throat. i know a lot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious itchy throat. Hope you are getting well soon!!!