Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Keep on Keeping on

A Deep Exhale blog reader asked me what I tell myself when I’m down or discouraged. I try to maintain hope. To paraphrase Martin Luther King – hope is the vitality that keeps life moving and gives you the courage to go on in spite of it all. This seems so true to me.

I also really love the small moments of being alive, being present, whether I spend hours watching Matchmaker Millionaire, reading or wandering through fleamarkets. I love being with my husband and our kitties. Since I got sick I noticed the fresh air tastes amazing, like a perfectly ripe fruit or peppermint tea.

Plus, crying all the time only seems to increase the burden of being seriously ill—although I’ve done my share. I try to recover and find the vitality. I tell myself over and over that I am healthy, vital and strong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Testing.....testing. Is this thing on?
I wrote a few comments in the middle of the night, but they didn't show up. I won't try to recreate them now, but I just bet they were especially good ones--- there's no proof to the contrary.
I thought a lot about your latest post.

Anonymous said...

I miss your posts and hope you're feeling good -- which is the main thing. I wish I had something to offer and give to you, like your blog has given me.
Happy Valentines Day to you tomorrow.

Melissa & Ned said...

Happy valentines Day to you too. It means so much to me that this blog has cheered you, or calmed you. I am going to continue it since my treatment for advanced cancer continues. It makes me feel good.